Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

FireLine and Preciosa beads!

 
 
Greetings Friends! I have been asked to post a blog about the thread I use when I bead. I really only have one answer to that. FIRELINE! by Berkley! Why because its simply the best. I haven't had a piece break due to string.
 
Fireline comes in
 
6 lb
8 lb
and 10 lb
 
and Crystal and Smoke are your most common beading colors.
 
I use 6lb thread if I am going to be doing a lot of passes through seed beads because it is slightly thinner. where as I will use an 8 lb thread if I can get away with 2 or 3 passes because it provides me a stronger hold with less effort.
 
Beaders commonly complain about smoke because some of the color comes off on their hands. My tip for this and it really does work is to wipe it down with a dryer sheet first before threading it.
 
Also 8 lb and 10 lb can be difficult to thread and sometimes even a 6 lb can be difficult so what I found is that using a pair of flat nose pliers and pinching one end then threading my needle works out to be much easier. I hope this answers any questions you may have.
 
also if you have a subject you want me to talk about please feel free to comment about it bellow and i'll do a blog post especially for you!
 
 

 
Fire line in crystal and smoke
 
Here is my latest order of Preciosa Firepolish beads from www.FiremountianGems.com
 
size 4 mm fie polish beads
 
Size 6 mm Fire polish beads

 
Lately I have become obsessed with Firepolish beads. I order only the best beading material for you guys. When I bead. I find they make great Flat Spirals..
 
 
Also If I can help you with your candle needs let me know I sell partylite!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment